Our company was constituted in May 2017 as 30 Chapel Street, named after the address of our proposed location in Bradford.
The vision we have been building is of a hub for arts, tech, social innovation and enterprise, in the heart of Bradford’s historic Little Germany district, to serve the people of our city and of the region.
Our hub is evolving into a living lab for the city’s innovative communities. Whether they are social enterprises, micro/small/medium businesses, artists, performers, designers or makers.
Together with ourselves and our social innovation ecosystems partners and the region’s civic leaders. we’re collectively create an inclusive and democratic space. A space animated with innovative experiences, ranging from inspiring events to purposeful programmes of support.
Our value structure has been shaped by the cofounders· respective Bradford-based careers in three industries – arts. social enterprise and technology – we believe the collisions and intersections between these sectors reflect the potential of the city’s communities. These are communities into which we were born and which continue to inspire us to commit our lives and our careers.
Our city is a city that is often misunderstood, misheard and characterised as problematic. We intend to counter this narrative and define our work with a set of radically humane and social values…
- LISTENING: Hearing the city’s people with empathy & compassion.
- LEADERSHIP: Curating and offering thought leadership.
- OPENNESS: Sharing our resources generously and transparently.
- COLLABORATION: Cultivating ecospheres of collaboration, rather than competition.
- INCLUSION: Creating democratic spaces & cultures open to all of the city’s people.